Why does it happen?
- Ligament injuries
- Meniscus injuries (Cushion like structure in knee between two bones)
- Loose body inside knee (broken piece of cartilage or bone due to previous injury)
- Iliotibial Band tightness (A band connecting from outside of hip to outside of knee)
- Kneecap dislocation (kneecap sometimes sleeps off from front side of the knee)
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Osteoarthritis (generally seen in people above 50 years of age)
- Gout (Increased uric acid levels)
Above mentioned causes of hip pain can be addressed by a physiotherapist and can help you to get rid of hip pain except infection and fracture. Post-operative fracture care again requires physiotherapist’s attention for better movement and pain relief.
How can I Confirm on my own?
There are some typical calls that your knee will give you if you have injured your knee. For instance, giving a way like feeling in ligament injury specially ACL (Anterior cruciate ligament) injury. Locking of knee joint in meniscus injuries also locking is seen in loose body. Acute injuries will show off swelling and pain with difficulty in walking.
To confirm your diagnosis, call our physiotherapist. They will help you to get better at your place and at your time.
How can I get rid of it by myself?
Consider the risk factors and work on them. They are;
- Keep watch on your weight
- Lack of muscle strength
- Lack of flexibility
- Occupation related factors
- Previous injury
Prevention of injuries is the best option to keep knee pain at bay. To prevent knee pain;
- Loose some weight (if applicable)
- Strengthen your muscles
- Sports person should practice exercises perfectly
- Arthritic patients and recurring injuries require more attention on the exercises they perform.
Perfect treatment protocol with proper guidance is mandatory to prevent knee problems. Call us for more detailed evaluation and treatment.